Child Development Center (CDC) Overview for 2023-2024 school year
The purpose of the Child Development Center (CDC) is to support families by offering flexible child care for children ages six weeks through five years old. Each classroom is grouped by age for developmentally appropriate activities.
The Child Development Center is licensed under Pennsylvania Department of Human Services: Office of Child Development and Early Learning, and Keystone Stars. We meet and exceed all standards set by these agencies. Certified teachers provide opportunities for play, socialization, learning centers, and language development, as well as music and movement.
The CDC is open at the end of August through early June, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
CDC placements are accepted throughout the school year as long as space is available within our classrooms. We are only accepting permanent placement for families (families that want the same days and times each week throughout the year)
An annual registration fee of $90.00 ($60.00 if your child is also enrolled in our Preschool Program) is required with a max family fee of $160.00.
- If child is not in preschool: 2 days a week with 5 hour minimum each day.
- CDC1, CDC2, & CDC3: No drop off after 10:30am due to lunch and nap.
- CDC1, CDC2, & CDC3: Pick up cannot occur between the hours of 12:30 and 2:30pm due to nap.
- CDC2, CDC3: If child attends an AM preschool, child must stay through Nap (2:30).
- CDC4: 2 hour minimum during lunch hour if following or proceeding a PS class
- CDC3 & CDC 4: Must be in a PS class to attend CDC & must be potty trained.
All children enrolled in our CDC or Preschool Program must have all of their immunizations up to date. Immunization Schedule
Billing is done on an hourly basis with scheduling done on the half hour.
- Infant, CDC1 & CDC2 – $7.90 per hour
- CDC3 & CDC4 : $7.60 per hour
Discounts: A sibling discount of 10% for the older child is applied if the children are at ICEC more than 24 hours for each child (PS+CDC)
For more information feel free to contact us at [email protected]
- Ages: 6 weeks to 12 months
- Teacher/Child Ratio 1/3
- We are no longer able to hold a spot in the infant room past December for a child. If the child is not going to attend the CDC until after December 1st, you will be asked to pay for the placement requested from December 1st until the start date of the child.
CDC 1: Toddler
- Ages: 13 months to 2 years (by September 1)
- Teacher/Child Ratio: 1/5
- CDC1 Schedule
CDC 2: Older Toddler
- Ages: 2-3 years (by September 1)
- Teacher/Child Ratio 1/6
- CDC2 Schedule
CDC 3: Threes
- 3-4 years old by December 31, 2022
- Teacher/Child Ratio: 1/6
- CDC3 Schedule
CDC 4: Three, Four and Five Year Olds
- Teacher/Child Ratio: 1/10
- We do not accept children enrolled in an outside Kindergarten class.